Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Size of Hail

We have a massive thunderstorm approaching.  For the past 30 minutes or so, I have been getting warning updates from the National Weather Service on my cell (yes, if you are as freighted by storms as I am, you sign up for such warnings).  I am getting a kick out of the progression of hail size descriptions, so I figured I would share...

Golf Ball - Ping Pong Ball - Hen Egg - Tennis Ball - Golf Ball - Half Dollar....

If you know the difference in golf ball and ping pong ball size hail - please give me the exact measures - really...then Hen Egg...so is that the size of the eggs I got from Kroger....then Tennis Balls...oh and it said Tennis Ball will cause major damage including breaking windows...shocker right - heck a regular ol' tennis ball has been known to break a window and it wasn't dropped from 3,000 feet...but bottom line - I am pretty sure half dollars are about the same as a golf ball and I know for a fact they are smaller than tennis balls and that is a good thing because storm is on us...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you build your house, you will need a "safe room" - the cellar (where we can also store our extra produce). :-)

Gray said...

You forgot the wine... :)!