Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Recap

Well let's start on Friday -

1) We had steaks, in the rain, because I wanted a steak
2) It was topped with caramelized onion and blue cheese cream sauce with Whiskey glazed carrots
3) There was also a trip to Bruster's that involved a hot brownie sundae

Saturday...
1) Tucker sweetly woke us at 6:30am
2) We canceled our tee-time because of the rapidly approaching rain
3) Paid bills and cleaned house
4) Had Chick-Fil-A for breakfast
5) I went furniture shopping for MB and Andrew went "looking" at Dick's sporting goods and Bass Pro
5) I went to the mall to get a wedding shower gift from Dillard's
6) The boys were waiting for me on the porch to go to PetSmart
7) Tucker was the center of attention for 30 minutes and loved every minute of it
8) Nap time for all
9) Got ready for a wedding shower while eating a pan of homemade cinnamon rolls because we were starving
10) Went to a wedding shower
11) Woke up at 12:30am by the dead battery alert on the Carbon Monoxide detector
12) After spending an hour attempting to figure out what was beeping, how to reach the beeping thing (10 foot ceiling with a 3 foot step ladder doesn't do much), how to get blank-blank thing down, taking out the batteries, oh did I mention Andrew standing on a step ladder on top of an ottoman??

SUNDAY
1) Tucker woke us up at 6:30 then decided it was a false alarm and wanted to go back to sleep
2) Went to 8:45 Church and realized that it was dang cold outside
3) Grabbed brunch at Corner Bakery and decided that it needed to warm up more before I would be playing golf this afternoon
4) Ran to Lowe's for all kinds of yard stuff
5) Decided to take a nap and see what it felt like at 12:30, oh and Andrew turned the heat back on in the house because it was 60 inside
5) Sent Andrew to the golf course alone since it was 45 degrees at 12:30 with decent winds and no sun and my shoulder was hurting...actually Tucker begged me to stay at home with him so we could watch golf, NASCAR, and the back-sides of our eyelids...as I type, he is in super tight ball with his back feet under he head and is snoring up a storm.
6) Promised to have dinner ready when Andrew gets home...but I need an onion for dinner and really don't want to go to Kroger so I think I will just make it without an onion (and hope that Andrew doesn't notice it is missing...)

No comments: