Several of you have asked for a "report" on cooking club each month - so here you go...
August Menu (all recipes are from Southern Sideboards, a Junior League of Jackson cookbook):
1) Pork Loin with Apple Glaze - A+++ (Recipe Below) - oh my, this is wonderful.
2) Texas Torte - A+++ (Recipe Below) - egg, cheese, chilies - yes please...
3) Artichoke Willie - A (if you like artichokes) - I loved this because it was basically butter and artichokes...
4) Summer Veggie Casserole - B+ - a little dry, good, but not the best thing ever
5) Marinated Tomatoes - A++ (Recipe Below) - very good with home-grown tomatoes and fresh herbs
6) Popovers - B (it might have something to do with the cook forgetting the milk)
7) Chocolate Ice Box Dessert - A+++++++ (Recipe Below) - so amazing...just make it...it is worth it.
8) Hot Weather Punch - A+ - very refreshing tea/lemonade combo
Yes, I took pictures from the cookbook - it is easier. And after we eat, we discuss the recipes so you will see my notes...
Variations of note on dessert: Include pecans with vanilla wafers in the "crust" rather than in the chocolate; add vanilla, water, then sugar to the cooled chocolate mixture, it stirs better; you could use coffee or vanilla ice cream rather than butter pecan if you prefer.




2 comments:
I LOVE this post...keep them coming. I am definitely making this pork! I can't wait to try it :)
If you all are able to come for Thanksgiving, YOU can make the chocolate icebox pie. YUMMY! :-)
Post a Comment