If you haven't heard - I love The Pioneer Woman aka Ree Drummond. She is a city-slicker turned rancher's wife because of true love. She is a great cook (and can give Paula a run for $$ with butter), hilarious writer, and takes tons of pictures (beautiful pictures) of cows. She has now written a cookbook and a "love story" book that is her love story. Anyway - I also turned Kim on to PW too...so we took a spur of the moment girls trip to Memphis to a book signing.
Kim has the actual pictures from the book signing and I will share them shortly, but here are some crappy ones from my phone for now. Oh and she and her husband both were signing books and taking pictures, and both are super, super nice.
PW signing...
Her hubby - aka "Marlboro Man"
My signed book...
Then we spent the night so we could spend time shopping at stores that we don't have in Jackson on Saturday...here are the goods I came home with minus one that is a birthday gift for a certain little boy...
Hold that thought - here is picture of the certain little boy that is sitting at the kitchen island on a stool eating breakfast...guess he isn't so little any more...oh and this is what started my morning - can't help but a have a great day when it starts with this right?
Left to Right: Slim jeans, cotton wrap with pink sunburst, navy silk top, black leggings..
Kim racked up at Pottery Barn Outlet and let's just say that if I bought one thing there I would have bought 5 more things, so it was best that I avoided picking up anything...
Then we headed to downtown for lunch at the world famous BBQ joint Rendezvous...it was AH-MAZING. Hands down the best BBQ I have every had...and yes I have had Neely's...bet this will make you want some...
Then to finish off the trip we walked in to the Peabody hotel to see the world famous ducks. No one mentioned that fountain is itty-bitty. I mean we almost walked right by it looking for something bigger...however, it was still cool to see and the hotel looked wonderful!
Needless to say, Kim and I had a blast. It was wonderful to get to spend time with her again since she took a dream job at Viking. We loved getting to see and meet PW and MM and we thoroughly enjoyed Memphis...we are already planning a repeat trip with our husbands.






2 comments:
LOVE the silk top! So glad yall had fun...can't wait to hear more about it and see more pics of the Marlboro Man ;)
Jealous! :)
Post a Comment